Friday, January 15, 2010

Riffin' on Heartbreak






Last night I was warbling along with the studio recording of Emmylou's "Heartbreak Hill" (which is much more energetic than this live version) and thinking about heartbreak as a theme in music. Now as you know, my field of preference is classic country and bluegrass, and we've got a blue goodelin' of songs about heartbreak--but it's also a constant theme in other genres, from jazz, blues, rock, classical/opera.

So--what is your favorite song about heartbreak, and why? Start writing~~Fairweather


7 comments:

Travis Cody said...

There have been many songs written about broken hearts, but I think there is only one all time song of a broken heart. I'll share it on Monday.

Cheers Jamie!

Durward Discussion said...

My sentiments exactly. Let's see which songs we have picked.

viridian said...

Alas, a movie not a song, but a real heartbreaker.

maryt/theteach said...

I really like this one Jamie. But I had a hard time picking a "heartbreak" song... :)

Linda said...

I had no trouble picking a heartbreak song - it was just a matter of which one!

Patty said...

Hi
I followed Linda over here, I hope you dont mind if I join in. I posted my favovite heart break song

Anonymous said...

I followed Trav over here. Thanks Trav! Whew! What a way to start - with heartbreak . . .